Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Secret of Kings

     I know the Kings and tribal leaders of the past best kept secret of why they sat between two torches of fire. It was to keep the mosquitoes away. This intelligent perception was achieved while I was sitting on back porch after the dishes were done, clothes washed and hung on rack. Little Suzi home maker day.
     I was ready to rest. Grabbed my water, my mystery to read a bit. Then bang the little critters ate me up. So I got out the mosquito torches, fired them up, stuck them in dirt filled planters, one on either side of me. Bam. I was Queen of the yard and could read in peace.
     Today we use flashlights, spotlights, glow lights, PR agents, spotlights to put us in the light. But while those things might give us insight into something, let us find our way out of woods, or cave, help us find night crawlers so we can fish. Or if we are fishing light the water so the fish come to the service and bite our bait.  Then we real them in. But those things don't keep away mosquitoes.  Only torches do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home