Monday, February 11, 2013

Book review:The Black Count. By Jeff Reiss

                                                   BOOK REVIEW



I started blogging again. I am now committing one blog a week in each category.




      I have just finished reading The Black Count. By Jeff Reiss. Reiss wrote The Orientalist, which I shall review later.
      The Black Count is about the man who was The Count of Monte Crisco and had the adventures of The Three Musketeers, by Alexander Dumas. It was Alex's father who had these wonderful adventures.  He used his father's stories and history to write his exciting works of fiction.
       I grew up listening to The Count of Monte Crisco on the radio when I was a kid. Gives my age, doesn't? I also saw every old movie, or radio show, or new movie on the Three Musketeers.
       If you are a Musketeer fan, a Count of Monte Crisco fan, history buff. If you are infacuated with the French Revolution. Or if you wonder at the link between us, the French and the world in our struggle for freedom. If you ever wondered why our Constitution said all men are .....and didn't mention slaves, women or people of color or why the French got mad at us. Even wondered what the rest of the world was doing, why they waited or how the rest of the world was struggling with the same ideas we were trying to implement, you have to read this book.
      It is non-fiction. Reads like the best most exciting fiction and mystery you have ever read.
      The front book jacket says: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, The Real Count of Monte Crisco.
      The biography is 73 pages of small type. The Excitement,  the thrill like a roller coaster ride,
 that leaves you spellbound, wondering and full of wonder with a brand new take on The French Revolution and our own struggle to be free and all of our failures and success. Library has a copy, I
had to buy my own. I have to underline take notes and read it again and again.




 




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home